Friday, December 30, 2011

What Will Jesus Be?

The question that was asked this week to me was "Ms D, how will Jesus come back, will He be the same as the first time - as a baby?" When I answered, "No, this time He is going to return as a conqueror and king," the student did not understand and I think did not believe. This led to the question, "how do you know?"


I know because Jesus is alive! He did not stay on the cross or in the tomb. He rose from the died, ascended into Heaven and one day He will return. I know because God tells me through His inspired word in Revelation 19:11-20. He gives an awe inspiring picture of the return of our King.
I saw heaven open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.
This is not the picture of a child or a baby. This is the picture of someone who is in charge, in control and someone who is here on a mission. Jesus' purpose has changed with His second coming. His purpose the first time was to bring forgiveness. When He comes again His purpose is to bring judgement and victory! Are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment