Tuesday, March 22, 2011

God is faithful...

This is not what I had intended my next post to be, but God is faithful and I wanted to share the latest He has done for me.  

A year ago I went to some Financial Peace University classes.  It is embarrassing to say, but I have credit card debt.  I have been working toward paying it off and I have been practicing Dave Ramsey's envelope system for the last year to keep from going further into debt.  I faithfully go to the bank every month and get out my cash for the month and divide up the money and when it runs out it runs out. 

I am an animal person.  My animals are a big part of my life and I take the responsibility of their care seriously.  Today, I received an unexpected call asking me to stop by the pet store to pick up flea control products on my way home from uptown.  I shop for my animals supplies at the beginning of the month and their envelope is usually empty after the first week.  I knew they needed supplies and I went to the store and picked out what they needed.  I stood in line going over in my mind where I could pull the money from.  When I got to the cash register, I planned to write a check and move money from savings when I got home.  

But the Bible says,
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
God met my needs tonight!  The cashier asked my for my store discount card.  I keep it in the "pet supply" envelope.  When I opened up the envelope, to get my card out there were two $50 bills behind the card.  I was able to pay for the supplies without having to be 'creative.'  

I forgot that when I was going over my budget at the beginning of the month that I had some extra money to use.  Most went to pay down my debt, but I put some away in the pet envelope for some reason (I don't remember why now).  I forgot the money was there.  I was amazed tonight to find it there.  I was amazed that God knew what my needs would be at the beginning of the month and not only did He supply the money but He also gave me the foresight to set it aside. 
God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful. (1 Corinthians 1:9)
 It may seem frivolous to some, but God was faithful to me tonight.  He allowed me to get what I needed to care for my pets and continue to stay on track financially.  Thank you Lord Jesus!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, He is good! It always surprises me too when something like that happens. It shows that He does indeed continuously know what we're up to and solves even 'minor'setbacks in out lives...

    He is a loving and caring God...

    ReplyDelete