Saturday, October 22, 2011

Psalm 23:2-3

Psalm 23:1 tells us that if we depend on God then we will not want. What more could we ask for? God does not leave us there. He offers even more in verses 2-3. He says "He will make me lie down in green pastures, he leads me besides still waters." When I hear green pastures and still waters I get a tranquil picture in my mind. I see myself stretched out in that green pasture next to the still waters. I hear the birds singing, I feel the gentle breeze blowing. I feel the weight of the world left off my shoulders. I fell renewed and refreshed.


God does not say He will put you in a car in rush hour traffic or chaos. He takes us to a calm and tranquil place. He offers restoration to our souls. That sounds great but what does it mean? To restore means to replace, to renew or revive, to return. How wonderful to know that when I am beaten down, torn apart by the world, God will replace, renew or return me to how He created me. He doesn't just leave me in the state I am in.


God offers this to all. All you have to do is accept Him as your Shepherd too.

No comments:

Post a Comment